To stay up-to-date with construction check our Recent News.
“After nearly three decades of public use and enjoyment, The Grove Plaza is ready for some significant enhancements,” said Boise Mayor David Bieter, a CCDC board member. “With so many great things happening downtown and across the city, this project is another way for our residents to help enhance the livability of our community, engage in building its great lifestyle, and have an opportunity to invest their community pride.”
The renovation is focused on preserving the qualities everyone loves about The Grove Plaza while also enhancing the user experience, nurturing positive community spirit, and implementing environmentally responsible practices. A new interactive fountain will be constructed in the same location and will remain flush to the surface with added programming and lighting features. Events will be enhanced with an improved moveable stage, additional power and lighting, and new sound system. Additional shade will be added with umbrellas, and the picnic tables will be upgraded to moveable tables and chairs.
Other renovation improvements include:
- Replace broken and cracked bricks with new brick pavers and maintain paving as continuous surface for event and pedestrian flexibility
- Original engraved bricks will be re-engraved and replaced
- Re-initiate a personalized, engraved brick program
- Construct Public Restrooms
- Replace trees in decline
- Add more bike parking along spokes
- Utilize suspended paving system to replace the concrete tree wells to promote faster and more sustainable tree growth
- Build green storm water infrastructure and install high efficiency water-wise irrigation system
- Include recycling stations in addition to trash receptacles
- Use LED lighting to boost lights levels in the evening
- Implement free Wi-Fi access
A portion of The Grove Plaza was closed in summer 2015 to accommodate construction of the adjacent City Center Plaza building which includes Main Street Station in the basement and the Boise Centre East Expansion along the east spoke of the plaza. The renovation of The Grove Plaza will begin on May 18, 2016 and are planned to be complete in conjunction with the other major projects on the plaza in early summer 2017. Click Here to read about What to Expect during Construction.
Support the Renovation
To help fund the renovation, CCDC is excited to offer the community The Grove Plaza: Brick by Brick program. Now you can get your name or personal message on a brick while supporting a downtown space we all know and love. To learn more about the brick program click here. You can also read real stories from brick owners and learn the many reasons why people are choosing to buy bricks. Visit our Brick Stories page.
If you already own a Founders Brick, Click Here to read about how CCDC is preserving them for the future.